Now available in 500g Treat Bags! Treat your bunny to the best. Crau hay contains a wonderful mix of naturally sown grasses and flowers which will satisfy your pets natural foraging instinct and keep them entertained.
The Champagne of hay - What is Crau Hay?
Crau hay (pronounced Crow) is a 100% organic meadow hay that has been imported from the south of France. It is the only hay we sell that we haven't grown ourselves.
Just as Champagne can only be grown in the champagne region of France, Crau hay can only be grown in the Crau region.
It remains organic as the grass is fertilised by the local Durance river bringing fertile silt onto the meadows.
It is naturally dried in the French sun, leaving it incredibly green, whilst also being full of naturally sown wild flowers and seed heads.
How to feed
Crau hay is incredibly palatable to rabbits and guinea pigs alike and is a fantastic choice for those pets that are poor hay eaters.
It is however slightly higher in protein and calcium than other hays meaning that you can either mix it with other hays or cut back a little on pellets to provide a more natural diet altogether.
Kind to your rabbit, kind to you, kind to the environment.
- High quality, tasty green Crau hay bales specially packaged for rabbits with easily removable flakes for feeding.
- Green, soft and full of things to forage for
- Our unique Micro-Bales are great value at only £3.00/kg
- Weighing 10 kilograms minimum and measuring just 60 x 50 x 30cm these bales are small but mighty, packing in lots of lovely nutrition.
- We care about the environment as much as we care about your bunnies, so we only use recyclable cardboard in our packaging and part of the delivery charge offsets the carbon emissions resulting from delivery.
- Crau hay higher in protein and calcium than Timothy hay so you may have to reduce the amount of pellets fed or cut them out all together.
- Perfect for growing bunnies
Hooray for Hay
- High in fibre for a well-functioning digestive system
- Bursting with good nutrients that perfectly satisfy the dietary needs of your rabbit
- Promotes dental health
- Prevents obesity for overall health and wellbeing
- It’s impossible to overfeed
- Satisfies your bunny’s instinct to forage keeping him active and stimulated